The National Hook-Up of Black Women, Inc. (NHBW, Inc.) is a national, nonprofit 501c3 organization formally established in 1974. Our national agenda dedicates itself to improving the lives of women and their families through support of the arts, culture, health, education, and human service programs.
Through our mission we will:
- Create ties across the country through a communications network dedicated to the sharing of skills and knowledge
- Create strategic community-based programs targeting critical issues like domestic violence, health disparities and educational systems in crisis
- Provide positive role models for youth and young women
- Provide and establish legislative and political education forums
- Encourage family preservation
- Encourage economic empowerment, career development and entrepreneurship
- Present positive images and achievements within our communities and make more visible our contributions to society.
Our goal is to affect the community at its source. Attained achievement comes through the empowerment of local chapters who best define the needs of their communities and who can institute programs effectively at the grass roots level that are within the scope of NHBW’s national agenda.
- Health Wellness
- Domestic Violence